Friday, 25 November 2016
Thursday, 24 November 2016
Copy and paste all of the text below into a new blog post.
Blog Post Title : Te Reo, Term 4 2016.
This term we have been learning all about the Marae. We have learned that…….
- The Marae is an important focal point for the community.
- The Marae is a place where tradition and customs can be carried out.
- The Marae is a place where people can express their values with dignity.
- There are many kawa ( protocols) that prevail on the marae.
- Marae kawa (protocols) can differ between maraes and iwi.
We have focussed on some key concepts when doing this learning.
These are listed and explained in the table below.
give the meaning of these concepts in your own words.
This has a range of meanings, Culture, Custom etc the Maori way of doing things.
Welcoming ceremony for people of the Marae but it can also happen anywhere than just a Marae.
To describe the Maori people
Visitors to the Marae.
A place where you belong and a place where you stay.
Family and connections.
Generosity and hospitality
Love and Respect.
See this video for an explanation of the roles and responsibilities of people on a marae.
Something I would like to learn more about the marae is……...
Posted by Unknown at 9:24 am